RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky honey bee CP
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
ptarp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

Casipak

I'd say you lucked out and got your HB2 from the same guy I did. I got the UPS confirmation 30 minutes after I bought it and it arrived the next day (he is in IN, I'm in IL). I wish he offered replacement parts, but I can't find any that he is listing on ebay. As for the lipo flight times, I've never ran the 1100mah lipo down yet, I always stop around 10min becuase I'm trying to keep the tail motor from burning out untill I get some spares handy.

bell1684
Thanks for that link. That site has some of the best prices I've seen yet, and is in the US. Only $5.25 for 2-3day shipping.

I'm glad bell1684 hasn't had a tail motor go out yet, but I just think these little tail motors' brushes won't last long when using lipo packs. We all need to look for an alternative, Radio Shack has some super cheap motors, surely one of them will work I'll probably buy another Hb2 soon and use it as spare parts. I'm going to start doing small "mods" to get the most performance possible out of this little guy. I'm going to try the following no-cost mods...

[ul][*] Remove ANY excess weight. I've already started doing this by cutting some ball links from the head that weren't being used and removed another "excess" plastic part.[*] Remove flybar weights and the little screws in the paddles that don't seem to be doing anything (already done it, still is super stable and improves cyclic)[*] Find some way to get the dampeners in the head to be stiffer. Whatever is in there now is SUPER spongey and is making it much harder to do rolls/flips than it has to be. If I can figure something out here, I guarantee the HB2 will be a MUCH better aerobat.
[/ul]

Happy flying guys, I'm going to take my HB2 to the park again