RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good Service..........Bad Service......
Old 03-19-2005, 08:39 PM
lwien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Service..........Bad Service......

ORIGINAL: BrunswickOH

I can't believe you called them for that! What a complete waste of time. Is it any more then two screws to mount the motor in the gearbox? This has to be one of the most silly threads I've ever come across.
Brunswick, you're right......it's not that big of a deal putting the motor together, but I didn't know that before I called them, and I didn't want to open the boxes to find out until I knew more. That's why I called them in the first place. I even said so in my original post. But apparently, in their advertising, THEY felt that it was important enough that they put "fully assembled" not only in their ad, but they put it in itallics. If they didn't think that it was a selling feature, they wouldn't have done that.

But the bigger issue is how they handled a customer who called them up. Rather than to offer something that was adverstised, they instead made the remark that if it's so difficult to put a motor together than you shouldn't be in the hobby. Now if that remark came from you or someone else on this board, that would be fine............for that is nothing more but an opinion, and in fact, I may even agree with it. But having it come from a business who sells product and aim it at a customer is pure BS.......

Listen Brunswick.........I'm really a total newbie when it comes to stuff like this. I have NEVER had a brushless set up before. So when I got the two boxes, I was a bit taken aback. I mean, this thing was supposed to be assembled. That's what they said it would be in their ads, but it wasn't. I didn't want to open them up, because I didn't know that all it took was two screws to mount the motor....................That's why I called them.

Now you may think that this is a complete waste of time, but I was really miffed at how I was handled on the phone, and apparently, I'm not the only one, because it was suggested that I do a search on NES over at rcgroups and what I turned up was many other people having the same issues..........

I guess the reason that I'm kinda plugged into this, is because I've been in the retail business for over 30 years. I know how important good customer service is and what it takes to do it right.............and the way they did it was completly wrong, even if it was only ONE effin' screw that needed to be screwed in........

Is this thread silly, as you say? I don't think so..............especially if you spend a few hundred dollars with a company to get product that is supposed to be what they advertise and it isn't, and when you call them on it, they tell you that you "shouldn't be in the hobby", and they don't even apologize for selling something that isn't what they advertised, and they made no attempt to reconcile it? No, Brunswick, this thread isn't silly................If anything, it's the way NES does business that is silly.........If you click on the link that I posted in the original post above, you will see others that have had the same experience with them as I.

Anyway, I've said all that needs to be said on this...........There are other issues with NES that is mentioned in many other threads over at rcgroups. I just wish I would have read them before I made a purchase............

On a positive note, I have done business with both Mountain Models and gwsexpert.com, and they both are super to do business with. If you ask a question in email about their product, they are back with you within 10 minutes or less with an answer. They are a pure pleasure to do business with, and I recommend them highly...........I will be buying many more planes from Doug and Karen over at Mountain Models and other stuff from Jerry over at gwsexpert, but NES has seen the last of me.......