RCU Forums - View Single Post - I need help NOW...Im fed up with this
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Salty0790

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I need help NOW...Im fed up with this

ok. my dad and i went to the savage. i took the fuel line slightly off of the carb intake (where the fuel enters) and blew on the pressure line. this got gas all the way through the line and it reached the carb. thanks to richie EB4 for that. so it was primed. and there was a little extra in the engine. i put the igniter on and spun the roto start. the engine started for about 5 seconds and died. my dad blew through the pressure line HARD while i got it started. the engine ran easily this way. but without someone blowing through the pressure line, it wont start. any ideas on how to keep it going without someone blowing through it? there must be something wrong with the suction somewhere.

my dad thinks i should turn the big carb needle (dont know what it is called) out one full turn. is he correct? he thinks there isnt enough gas getting into the engine to keep it running. so when someone blows it in, it runs. is he right?

this is extremely hard to explain over the internet. maybe some people will understand it...

P.S. the end of the pressure line that is connected to the muffler is a little loose and comes off really easily. should i cut the loose part off? this way the un-streched part can grab it easily?