RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crashed on first take off.
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 12:17 PM
troyp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed on first take off.

Thanks everyone for the great advice.
Unfortunately I live in a country town in the far north of Western Australia and the nearest rc club is 300 miles south in the next town. You all dont know how lucky you are to be able to just go along to your local club and get your planes checked, your engines tuned and your controls all trimmed correctly. Even to be able to go down to the local hobby store would be a luxury for me. The closest thing we have to a hobby store here is a Toyworld store which sell one or two planes and cars and some glo fuel. I have to buy everything else by mail order.

I think that I have been taking it easy with my plane considering I have had my plane for almost two months now (A 40 trainer) and have only progressed this far. No doubt if I had access to an instructor I would be in the air by now.
My damage was not as bad as I thought, I was able to glue the firewall back into place which was easy to get right as it fitted in like a jigsaw piece. I just have to put the fuel tank back in and glue the top peice in and Im done.
I do have a few more questions though, first of all what is CA? Im guessing its like epoxy or is it something else? Also should I set the adjustment screws on my transmitter so the plane does not have so much movement on the controls?

Thanks again for the tips I would really be stuffed without help from the people on this board. (and no doubt crapping in my Aussie shorts)

Troy.