RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good Service..........Bad Service......
Old 03-21-2005, 11:51 AM
lwien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Service..........Bad Service......

ORIGINAL: BrunswickOH

1st he did get EXACTLY what he ordered!!! End of story, if you are sitting their complaining about putting two small screws in the motor you SHOULD take up another hobby!
Jim
Jim, what in the hell is wrong with you? If you read any of my posts, I have said numerous times that I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT PUTTING IN TWO SMALL SCREWS. I have said so in mutliple posts.

And you are dead wrong about me getting EXACTLY what I ordered. Look at the following link. It is the ad that I responded to:

http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=3318

What does the picture show, Jim? Does it show the motor in one box, completely assmebled? Now scroll down to the bottom of the ad. What does it say, Jim? Does it say, in red with an exclamation point, "Completely assembled – Plug & Play!" ?

Now aparently, NES felt that putting "Completely assembled – Plug & Play!" was important enough that they not only put it in red but they put an exclamation point on it to even bring further attention to it. Why did they do this. Jim? Because they felt, and rightly so, that it would make the ad appeal to a wider range of customers and to newbies such as myself.

So, I fell for the ad and made my purchase. What I got, was NOT exactly what I ordered, and if you fail to see that, then you myopic vision of things is totally distorted.

I am not upset about putting in two screws. I am upset at their false adverstising. I'm upset that I fell for it. I'm upset that they feel that they have done nothing wrong, and I'm upset that they haven't even offered to replace what I purchased with what is advertised.

All I want is to get what I ordered. Why is that so wrong??

And ya know what's amazing? They haven't changed their ad. It STILL says "Completely assembeled" and they are sending out unassembled motors. That is wrong. It is false advertising ANY way you look at it, and having to either spend hours putting the motor together, or 3 minutes putting in two screws has no bearing on this issue.