RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good Service..........Bad Service......
Old 03-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Rat1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Service..........Bad Service......

Copied and pated from the NES site

Himax HA025 BL motor installed –optimum power and performance,

use HG2025 to replace 370, 400, & 480 type motors,

Aluminum gear housing – no more broken gear housing,

Built-in cooling fins – no more overheated motors,

10mm x 10mm mounting box – fits most planes designed with GWS gearboxes,

6.6:1 gears installed, 5.3:1 & 4.3:1 gears included – flexible power management,

Dual Ball Bearings with hardened shaft – efficient and durable operation,

Aluminum prop adapter included,

Completely assembled – Plug & Play!

Ok answer me this, how many beginners know how to properly install a motor into a gearbox to get the proper gear mesh so that they do not demolish the gears on the first or second flight????? This is wear Cal would benefit from the assembled product ie Plug and Play. This is how NES advertised it and how it should be sold. Sure Cal could go around the internet asking how to properly install the motor so the gear lash is set correctly but he will get many different answers on how to install this, which may get frusterating. I fully agree with Cal in that if the product was advertised as an assembled product then it should be assembled. It would be like buying a complete RTF kit then having to install and assemble everything to get it in the air. It would be like buying a car and the tires were sitting in the trunk rather then installed on the car properly. Had Cal known that the parts would not be assembled then he could have gotten the parts seperatly from someone else and did the assembling himself, but he did not. he wanted an assembled product and that is what he ordered.

Yeap I call it false advertising. Also was the attitude Sal had when Cal called him. Joking or not, it was not called for. You never joke with a customer that you have never met before as it can upset them. If a business man wants to joke with customers then maybe they should get into standup comedy rather then retail sales or wait till he knows the customer well enough before any jokes are made.