RCU Forums - View Single Post - raptor 50 exploded !!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2002, 08:38 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 50 exploded !!!!

Originally posted by Chopper
There was another guy that said his Fury exploded and he wanted the manufacturer to buy him a new heli as well.

I doesn't matter what the heli is. Under "normal" circumstances, most of the parts an any of the modern helis do not fail. If allowed to exceed the RPM, run without maintenance, run beyond the life expectancy, re-use after crashes, etc; stuff is gonna' break.
The trick is to know when, and to catch it before it does. I'm not always successful. In the "early " days of helis, we would sing the praises of a heli that did NOT break. We expected it to break. Mike Maas used to say that it was a 4 to 1 ratio: 4 hours maintenance for 1 hour of flying. It was true.
so are you saying i am not doing good maintenance?
1750-1900 RPM (controlled by governor) is too much?
4 months old is to old?
to bad autos are crashes?
etc... nothing should break... you can't catch a hairline crack or weak plastic... period... you can look at it for as long as you want to... it's the manufactures responsibility to ensure proper quality...
this is not the past, it is 2002 (which car does NOT have airbags ?)... a blade holder should not brake IN flight... period...

and kids, stop fighting which heli or servo or brand is better...

DAZZLER, very well said, but if the badmouthing and fouling doesn't stop, this place might easily become an other runryder... would be to bad...

OTTOROTATION, thanks for your condolences... i am using a different flybar control adapter (from quick) but i will have a very close eye on it...

HITCH-HIKER, i will PM you when i have some more time...

cheers