RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp p47 thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 06:31 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cmp p47 thunderbolt

Just got back from my flight field and now have two decent flights on the p47. Overall it flew fairly well today, it was stable and putted around the sky smoothly. In turns it wanted to drop the nose more than I'm used to and required alot of correction to keep the nose up. In level flight I would say it was probably hitting about 40mph with my tower hobbies .46 engine with bisson muffler. The climb rate was ok but could have been better. On my second flight I ran out of fuel and had to dead stick it in, and it floated in with no problem. I am flying with an 11x6 propeller and I think too much of the prop thrust is being disturbed by the large cowling. I think the bigger the prop, the better this plane will fly, I'm going to try a 12.25x3.75. Probably a large spinner would also help but would definitely break up the scale looks of this plane. In my opinion this plane should have a 4stroke engine I think it would balance the plane with less lead and they swing larger props.

My other observation today was that the elevator halves dont stay lined up with each other, every time I used the elevator I needed to re-trim the ailerons to keep the wings level. I think I will glue in a support on eachside of the pushrod so that it cant move from side to side. Does anybody know any other solutions to this problem, someone suggested using a servo for each elevator?