RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: turbo4

While on the radio issue I would like some comments on the Hitec Eclipse 7, anyone else using this? Other than being limited to 7 channels, whats wrong with it?
I use an Eclipse 7 and really like it... With the Spectra module I don't have to worry about who else is on my channel... I just tune to another frequency, change the xtal in my Rx(s) and go fly... It is a PCM Tx...

Let's just say I have had some issues when mixing channels with it... Like for dual elevator servos... If you have you EPAs adjusted to anything <> 100%, the slave channel has a delay in actuating, causing it to lag behind the master channel's servo... Maybe it's me, but I don't think so...

You could Y-cable / matchbox your way to using the E7 with the Yak, but not for me... Think of the amperage that would be drawn through the single Rx channel connector when using Y-cables on the servos this airplane requires...

I will always keep my E7 around as a backup Tx, but I bought a 10X to use on bigger (i.e. more expensive) airplanes...

Oh, BTW Drew, thanks... My wife walked in as I was catching up on this thread... She walked up just as I was reading your reply on "not skimping on a $2,500 airplane"... Her first question, "you spent HOW MUCH"!!!! In a panic, I did the first thing that came to mind.. I kinda sorta lied...