RCU Forums - View Single Post - Paramount 52/70 3D ARF Conversion and Review. Unlimited 3D Performance!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:42 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paramount 52/70 3D ARF Conversion and Review. Unlimited 3D Performance!!!!

After having spent the majority of last years flying season banging the sticks around on one of my favorite 3D planes, the Sportsman Aviation Paramount 60/90 3D ARF, I wondered how this plane would perform with an e-conversion. Soon after these thoughts were floating around in my head they released the slightly smaller Paramount 52/70 version. Immediately I thought that this would make an awesome conversion using something like the Kontronik 600 brushless motor and some lipo's. So I proceeded to put together all the pieces of the puzzle to get the conversion done and share it with everyone.

Sportsman Aviation Paramount 52/70 ARF

[link=http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/127559.asp][/link]

Here is an excerpt from the manufacturers page:

Sportsman Aviation introduces the Paramount 52/70 ARF, an advanced-design aerobatic model that allows intermediate and advanced pilots to perform the latest "3D" Tournament style maneuvers, and raise their skills to competition levels. The Paramount 52/70 is a smaller version of the Paramount 61, and features all the cutting edge design points of championship models that are featured in it's larger brother.

The thick symmetrical wing is built from ultra-light balsa and hardwood, and features gigantic 3 dimensional ailerons that match the airfoil for razor-sharp roll control. Over sized split elevators with aerodynamic balance and a huge full-flying rudder provide the control authority to perform the wildest maneuvers usually seen on mega-buck Tournament models. The high-profile fuselage allows the Paramount to fly knife-edge at slow speeds.

The model features a pre-finished fiberglass cowl, ultra-light landing gear and wheels, and pull-pull rudder cable operation. Fully built up and finished in a dazzling four color transparent-opaque trim scheme, all eyes will be on the Paramount on the ground or in the air.

Specifications:
Span 50.75 in.
Total wing area 685 sq. in.
Length 53 in.
Flying Weight 5 - 5.75 lb.
Requires 4 channel radio with 5 standard size servos.
Power: .52 2 stroke or .70 4 stroke.

For this conversion thread/review I won't get into general build details as this plane builds exactly like its bigger brother which was reviewed in the RCU Magazine. You can read that article [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=257]here [/link] for build details, pics, video. This thread will focus on how the build differs from the glow version and how to convert this baby to a hot dogging overpowered electric 3D maniac with no limits.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=257

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64552.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	247985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11350.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	247986