RCU Forums - View Single Post - Most fun I've had since flying real planes!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:07 PM
hardlock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most fun I've had since flying real planes!

Just got my copy and am I having a blast! Not just flying as RC but from the cockpit as a "real" plane. If you haven't tried this yet I highly recommend it.

Try this: Start record and take up your favorite plane from Ohmenhausen in the cockpit view. Go buzz the flight line, the farm and cows, then head for the river and get on the deck and run it. Careful as the trees get mighty close so some knife edge may be required in spots. Then replay the recording and fly either chase or in the cockpit again trying to stay right on the tail of the recorded planes flight. Don't worry about hitting yourself as air-to-air collisions don't occur. This is better than most conventional flight sims I've tried and even more fun than most combat flying. I LOVE IT!

BTW, this specific "river run" is very much like what a pilot friend of mine and I did in an Aeronca Chief and Piper 140 when for awhile we both owned separate planes. Nothing this "dangerous" but it sure brings back some exciting memories!

Now if only you could pan the view out the cockpit and scale up the planes to full size.....humm....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69776.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	248125