RCU Forums - View Single Post - Paramount 52/70 3D ARF Conversion and Review. Unlimited 3D Performance!!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:25 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sportsman Aviation Paramount 52/70 3D ARF Conversion and Review

In the photos below you can see how the Thunderpower pack was installed, how the rx was installed and how the wires were routed.

The Thunderpower 3S3P packs were placed back to back in what would form a 6S3P configuration. 6000mah capacity and 22.2 volts. I put some Popsicle sticks between the packs for airflow then uses a few pieces of electrical tape just to keep them bound together. I glued in some velcro to the bottom of the inside of the fuse and then used some velcro wrap to secure the packs together. Proper CG was obtained by pushing the pack forward until it touched the firewall.

Using a Series connector and Deans connector from FMA Direct (http://www.fmadirect.com) I created the 6S3P configuration. I soldered a connector onto each pack and then connect it to the special series connector. This allows me to charge the packs separately for better balancing during charging. Off the series connector I used 2 heavy gauge wires which solder onto another deans connector. It is this deans connector that will ultimately connect to the ESC.

I routed the wires out the bottom of the fuselage to where the rear of the cowl is. I cleared away the cowl material so the wires would pass easily and I could just hook or unhook the deans connectors between flights. the photos below illustrate this.

I also used a 6 volt hydrimax battery after the first flight and added a switch to the setup. I removed the Ubec as there was a problem with the first 60 amp esc I used which got toasted and burned part of the ubec so I did not want to take a chance.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56408.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	248223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15429.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	248224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70022.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.6 KB