RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky honey bee CP
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 06:44 AM
batfalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky honey bee CP

Hi guys,

Since I use a Lipo 2c pack 1200 mAh on my "Twister" and as you already know,the BEC system on that machine is designed for NimH, I was suggested to fly for a specific time (15 min) and then regardless of the battery situation, land the heli and recharge the pack.
To be honest I did not do exactly that. The first time I kept the heli hovering until I started to "feel" that more and more throttle was needed and soon afterwards (very soon), the tail could not keep steadily it's position, giving me a sign of low voltage at the Rx. That's when I landed. Time mark was at 20 min. Ever since I recharge my pack and it receives only 900 to 920 mAh, (slow charge 0,4C = 300 mAh). If I charge it at 1A it only gets about 850 mAh.

Given that I would like to know what is YOUR mAh charge of LiPos, relatively with their labeled capacity.

Also do you keep the above mentioned proccess or you fly using a chronometer ? Say land at 15 min from the start.

I have to say that I plan to buy a second pack towards 1500 to 1800 mAh. Just to have more flight time.

Thanks,
Michael