RCU Forums - View Single Post - Northeast Aerodynamics Sport-Air .25
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
dredhea
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northeast Aerodynamics Sport-Air .25

Has anybody here built one of these kits? I just purchased one on RCU and would like to get any hints or tips that I can before I begin building. The main thing that bothers me is the method they use to build the wings. The instructions say to start by pinning the bottom sheeting to the building board and building the wing up from there. This seems very awkward and that keeping everything straight will be extremely difficult. I'm considering using the standard(?) method of building the wing and then sheeting it, but would like to hear from others that have experience with this plane first.
I'm also looking for any modification and engine recommendations. It's a 48" span low wing trike and it looks like I'll be beefing up the wire landing gear mounting points, as the plans show only 1/4" ply mounts between reinforced wing ribs. Luckily, the mains are located close to (if not at) the CoG, so additional weight here should have minimal effect. Also thought about converting to a tail dragger, but since the rudder is located totally above the fuse and HStab and the push rod has a non-conventional bent routing,(calls for nyrod), I think the tail wheel is going to wait until I have some major dings to repair (I know it'll happen, just don't know when[8D])