RCU Forums - View Single Post - Most fun I've had since flying real planes!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:54 PM
hardlock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Most fun I've had since flying real planes!

That's the nice thing about AFPD is the adjustments available. Until I lowered the sim speed and practiced, I couldn't get very deep into the river brush without hitting a tree. Worked my way up from about 50% to 100% once I learned the curves and got lucky for the recording.

There's a couple overhangs you must go under BTW. Easiest way to learn to follow the lead plane is to stay high and learn the course it takes before trying to follow close. A padlock following view would be great for that. If you lose sight, then head for the next place you know it will end up and you'll usually spot it. Punch it and you can catch up very easy with a powerful plane since I only flew at about 1/2 throttle.

My buddy and I used to "walk on water" with the wheels of our real planes. What a rush that is! Don't try it in the sim unless you have a float plane however as it won't work.

Is there a wishlist somewhere for improvements for AFDP? If not and the right person reads this, adding spray off the floats and water sound (besides splash) would be a nice feature.