RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 SCALE CAP 232 FORUM
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2005, 06:31 AM
terryj
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 SCALE CAP 232 FORUM

Bigsport,

I stated earlier that the H9 with a G-23 was ok. The G-26 would be much better. If you decide on the G-26, go for the Hanson conversion. Ralph Cunningham's ignition runs fine on a standard 4-cell 600maH RX pack. Most others want 1000-1500maH packs. I use the Slimline muffler. If you don't mind a little noise, you'll get another several hundred RPM using the Abell Hobbies muffler. The Hanson 260 is also several ounces lighter than the stock 26 even with the battery. You won't have a rocket but I think you'll really like it. And it hand starts easily. I'm running an APC 17-6 and getting about 9000 on the ground. Bruce Hanson swears by the Mejzlik (SP?) 18-6. They are pricey. Ralph Cunningham will do the ignition conversion for $150US to a stock G-26. The converted engines are going for $425 US now I believe.

Maybe an NIB G-26 on RCU or e-bay?

If you go for the 260, you'll love the engine-- just wish I could say it was a great combo in an H9 Cap. BTW, are you talking about the original 73" one or the newer 80"? My friend bought an ARC version for $200 of the original one on e-bay.

Best of luck on whatever you decide.

Terry

Oh yeah, the is another one-- Extreme Aircraft I believe that was/is going for $279 US. There is video of it on their web site. It's in the Atalia color scheme. It looks good. Check it out.