RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 03-27-2005, 06:46 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

I am seeing a few things with all the cool pics you ar posting that have raised some eyebrows...

First thing is, for those of you using the SWB rudder servo arm, why aren't you mounting the ball links on the bottom of the servo arm??? The instructions clearly state to do this wherever possible, which it is with the Yak, and common sense should tell you to do it anyway. That common sense being that, with this thick of an arm, the tortional load on the servo output shaft is KILLER! Not to mention that, if you are running the 8611 servo, your problem may be ten fold, as they have admitted a flaw in the servo output shaft bushing being too weak and requiring a bearing...here's more info on that:

JR announces upgrade to 8611 case top

To handle the loads imposed on the gear train, the original case top featured bushing supports for all gear pins.

We’ve become aware however, that certain excessive momentary loads (like those imposed by flutter or the accidental bumping of a surface) may cause the bushing to break loose in the case top and result in excessive play in the servo’s output arm.

Retrofit of damaged case tops is simple: Horizon Service Center will either replace any flyer’s 8611 servo case tops when returned for service or will supply the owner with a replacement case top free of charge.

For further assistance, please contact our product support department at 877-504-0233 or return your 8611 servo/s to:

Also, I am noticing that people are having to put their batteries up on the engine box even when not running the tuned pipe[X(] I have not officially CG'd my plane or mounted my RX battery yet, but a quick pick-up of the fuse at the wing tube holes with engine/prop mounted and cowl kinda in place reveals that my battery may need to go on the engine box as well....I feel real sorry for anyone that DOES have the tuned pipe!