View Single Post
Old 03-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric fuel pump for gas

ORIGINAL: extratorker

ORIGINAL: twtaylor

Buy all the parts plus the shipping to get it to you, then sit down and figure how much time it took you to build it. Add a dollar figure to the parts and the time you spent building it. After your done and figure out how much time you spent doing your website then add boxes and the work to ship these things plus deal with the customers and THEN make a profit you see how quckly $200 becomes a reality.
Sorry,thats not true. Get a sig pump for $35,a radioshack project box for $5,a 3 way switch for $3. Wire and find some batts laying around the shop and you've got one done for les then $50. Took me less then 2 hours to assemble.

Sorry but that is true, unless your've been in the business of manufactoring a widget you've no idea what it takes to make the widget and then make a profit. Most times the actual cost of the widget is the minor part. Paying taxes and insurance and paying the help and thier taxes plus all the other ancillary cost is what drives the cost of things up. I can build my own whatever and do so for a lot less normally than going out and buying one already made. Of course doing this as a hobby is one thing where your time means nothing to you but to someone in business trying to make a living it means everything.