RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does AMA have a real future?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 10:30 PM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Does AMA have a real future?

That was much my point; that the AMA has benifits for everyone that are not seen by imediate gratification. It is some times what you don't imedatly see. "I don't need AMA" even though this organized modeling is whay you can do what you do. When you say that AMA is like a government, it's actually better. The post office told me my mailbox needed to be 12" closer to the road and that my mail was hereby suspended til I moved it closer. Timing could not have been worse. I had a 5am flight the next morning and I had important mail coming. I was up till midnight digging a hole. Next morning trying to stay awake while I preflighted the airplane. I was not happy. I have not mailed a package USP since.

USP is government. To AMA we are customers.
AMA protects us from government regulation by self regulating, giving those involved an active role where as the government enacts seatbelt laws and "we are not planning on enforcing them, we just feel it's necesary to have such a law". AMA helps us keep government regulation at bay. If AMA folded, what would happen to modeling. Would government step in?