RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does AMA have a real future?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 09:03 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does AMA have a real future?

To anyone interested ,
If the average ParkFlyer could save 10% on most of his or her purchases throughout the year just for being an AMA Member. I would dare to conclude that this would be a nice savings over a years time for the average Park Flyer, and maybe even enough to offset some if not all the cost of AMA Membership! Now take someone on the opposite end of the scale who is flying a $10,000 Plane, and he or she also got to save 10% just for being AMA. Now maybe I am dumb, but I don't know anyone who is not happy when they can save a few bucks, or in the case of the $10,000 Plane alot of bucks.

I personally don't mind paying the $58.00 a year for AMA. I spent several thousand dollars last year on my hobby, so the $58.00 was not that big of expense compared to other things I bought.....but someone on a very tight budget, or someone not looking to invest much of there money in the hobby, then $58.00 becomes a big deal. Even people who have alot of money to spend may not want to invest as much into as alot of others do. This is why I think you need a product discounts program to help lure the people in who are real thrifty with there money. YOU HAVE GOT TO GIVE THE PARKFLYERS A REASON TO WANT TO JOIN!

I am AMA because I basically believe in what it stands for, even though I may not agree with how some things are done. It personally gives me a little peace of mind to have a little additional insurance secondary to my Homeowners if an accident occurs, and I enjoy the Magazine about as much as I do the others I get....

In my own personal opinion, Parkflyers are not going to be enticed to AMA over Insurance though is my point. Some of these Parkflyers will convert over to bigger and more powerful stuff which will get them to thinking about AMA Insurance, but to try to pick up a large amount I think you are going to have to offer them some very tangible benefits that would not only benefit them, but any member of the AMA. The philosiphy behind what AMA is supposed to represent is great, and the alot of great things have been accomplished by AMA for its members, but most ParkFlyers will never know anything about what AMA does, or has done because they don't give them the initial reason to get interested! Just my 2 cents, and I welcome any corrections, as I never profess to be right on much!