RCU Forums - View Single Post - KATANA . 50 Is it too heavy ?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KATANA . 50 Is it too heavy ?

I have been flying mine for a while now. I have to say, I like it. I have been having engine problems, but as ussual it was my own fault. I just got it fixed, but its been too windy to fly. I have landed about 5 dead sticks with it now, and I can say that it has enough wing area for its weight. Each dead stick was a piece of cake. I just happen to be high enough or in the right place to get to a nice place to land, but the landings where easy. With those big alerons, rolls are blindingly fast. It flat spins very nicely. It wants to go toward the belly in KE, but not too bad. My CG is still in the stock location, so I may mess with that or just mix it out. As far as 3D goes, since my motor wastn't running reliably, I didn't attempt any thing. I have the Magnum 52 running a APC 12x6 prop. This gives me plenty of speed. And I mean plenty, this is that fastest plane I have. But, I still get unlimited vertical. I haven't really tried to see what it would hover at, but I don't think the 52 is going to put out enough power to do anything close to the ground. I am not in the same league as the guy that flew this plane in the video though. As far as the ARF goes. For "Ease of putting the ARF Togather" I would give it an Average (I had some missing parts and I don't really like the spring for holding the wings). For ARF constuction, I would give it Above Average (No gaps and the Tail was nice and straight)