RCU Forums - View Single Post - This is what happens when....
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 10:36 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: This is what happens when....

My first citation flight, the instructor came out, shows me the plane, I am in lala land trying to keep up. Taxi onto the runway, he is driving at this time. I am watching gauges. As he goes to full throttle we start rolling, power set, V1, left ITT gauge drops to zero. Rotote, past the point of stopping by about the length of the runway (short runway). Both engines running smooth, nothing else wierd.

Fly north of the airport, throttles follow fine, no sign of anything wrong. WE come around to land, everything fine. Shutdown, and call Cessna to order a new ITT gauge because we have a flight the next day. They say "its not the ITT gauge, go look in the front of your engine, tell us what you see".

75% of the blades in the fan are missing chunks from tiny to as big as a quarter. I can't figure out how it didn't vibrate at all. We had no indication that we shelled an engine.

Pulled it off, and sent it in. Turns out, the avionics guy grabbed the key to the jet out of the lock box in the office for what ever reason, and set it on top of the plane. THe door is never locked in it so noone has a clue as to why he did it, but he wouldn't admit it, other than the key was checked out to him.

Strange deal!!!