RCU Forums - View Single Post - H9 Corsair with OS 1.08
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Corsair with OS 1.08

I flew my H9 Corsair with an OS 1.08 (!!!) in it, 15-8 prop, SlimLine baffled muffler. Thanks to this site I thoroughly reinforced the firewall. thanks to my own ARF experience I reinforced the horizontal stab and rudder. Good fit with the wood to wood joints there , but lousy glue. I added wood to the horizontal stab.
I used Top Flite Corsair fixed gear wires,and as a matter of fact their landing gear blocks and converted it to fixed gear. With the big motor the only balancing needed to get it to balance as recommended here was the battery to the rear of the wing saddle opening.
Reading the ARF bashing was entertaining. I love the time they save, warts and all. Incidentally I've seen kits that miss scale outline by a mile,too. The junk retracts get tiresome, they should just leave them out like EZ does. I wish EZ made more planes, even being tough to repair they are beautiful and fly great.
The Corsair flew great, lots of power,great hi-speed passes and rolls, then slows up like a Sig Kadet to land. It threatens to tip stall but doesn't.
If you've never owned a 1.08 OS you're missing out.Easy hand starting,super idle, mid-range and transition. There's a reason they still make the old girl ! Doug