RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does AMA have a real future?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 10:43 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does AMA have a real future?

Thank you, JR.

There is more to that story, too.

Remember this: it's a democracy. Your elected officials NEED to be able to work with others, acheive comprimises that will accomodate the majority. That is our oftimes ponderous but usually fair American Way. So make sure your EVP nominee is someone who knows how to work with others...not someone who wants to "do it their way". Some people have had previous problems working with others. They want it all their own way. That's not what working for AMA is all about, is it?
So be very careful here.

I don't think the AMA is flawless, and I think there are plenty of things to criticize, but you guys have been dancing around a golden calf, a false idol, for a long, long time. I don't believe the intentions are to help AMA or advance the cause of model aviation...I think it has been a personal vendetta for a long time.

But, you know, the people will vote, and you will see that if you actually want to make changes, you will need to find the right candidate, one who has his heart in the right place and is actually electable. Too many people still have a bitter taste in their mouth.