RCU Forums - View Single Post - Toledo Show with some pics
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Toledo here we come see you guy's there!!!!!!!!!

Hey, give me a few minutes, I just got home! It's been a looooong day already, up before the alarm went off at 4:00 AM, on the road at 5:00. I got to Toledo at around 8:30, in time to meet up with some other moderators. I handed out RCU goodie bags for about 2 hours before going inside. Some really cool planes there, one a 747 with a Space Shuttle on top and a tractor pulling it. A HUGE GeeBee, some jets and old-timers but a lot of the show planes won't be there until tomorrow. You'll have to give me some time to upload the shots. We may have one place for just Toledo shots.
I was cool to meet a lot of the people from this site there. I did the stop over at Tony Packo's. It would be difficult to find a better staff of people anywhere. We didn't stop by Cabela's, the parking lot was stuffed as usual.
RCU did not have a booth there, we just stood our in front of 2 or 3 of the entrances handing out the bags. Plane Insane and Eric royer handles the main door by the ticket booth while I worked at another entrance for a while. We handed out like around 2,500 bags ( I don't know how many for sure but it did feel like that many). We started handing them out to people in line at the doors before they opened.