RCU Forums - View Single Post - A-10 Project
Thread: A-10 Project
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 09:09 PM
sina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A-10 Project

Hi,
I too am building the Keith Spark A-10. I have a posting with similar title elsewhere in this forum. I asked him about the prop clearance as it was apparent to me after studying the plans and reading his article that nothing standard would fit.

also another guy from the club got two flights out of his standard built plane - JUST TWO. It would not get off the ground due to all the thrust lost to shortening the prop and increasing the pitch!

Anyway, in corresponding with Keith Sparks he had the attached e-mails of "frequently asked questions". He agrees that what Rocky is doing will do the trick - though in his article he swears by the three blades trimmed back.

I contacted Grish products - they specialize in non-standard props and they agreed that this was a problem and I didn't like their answer about getting a lower displacement engine. Particularly when i saw the guys plane not take off with a .25

So WHEN I get around to working on the project again I may do what rocky is doing or go with a pusher that someone else suggested. Though I scratch built a pusher jet and it overheats all the time.

I attached the two messages for you guys to look at.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Good luck,

Sina
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Jh14845.txt (1.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: txt
Bw71933.txt (11.5 KB, 19 views)