RCU Forums - View Single Post - OTOP PICS!!!
Thread: OTOP PICS!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 11:22 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OTOP PICS!!!

Glomming on to the thread here with some pics, hope that's OK. I just received an OTop Monday night and have a few pics to start with. I'm really impressed with what I see so far. Very nice paint finish for a composite bird under $900. Fuselage is quite light, weighing 2 lbs 10 oz with the landing gear with axles bolted on, rudder glued on with horn attached (with minor mods to be described), tailwheel bracket on. Wings are average at 15.1 and 15.2 oz apiece, no horns or other hardware in yet. Straight as an arrow though, as everything else appears to be so far. Stab/elevator assembly is 8.4 oz, including CF tube and AR pin, plus mounting bolts. Really nice interior finish work to the radio bay / pipe mount area. Alot of thought went into this design to make it easy to set up. No instructions provided, will have to ask Carla if they have them, but if you've ever done a CA bird, it won't be an issue. Dead easy to assemble so far and looks like just a few days work total. Apologies for the workbench clutter in the pics, as I am doing this all in a hurry. This was a snap decision to get the OTop (Saw it at the WRAMS show in FEB). I've been working to finish two Temptations for spring and have fallen behind (work, life, basement floods, snow shoveling & back pains etc - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). So, with apologies to Temptation #1 that now shares the benchtop with the OTop, here's a few shots:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54187.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	254635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48307.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	254636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13674.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	44.6 KB