RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad Fuel - how?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:07 AM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Fuel - how?

I've flown for many years, never had a fuel problem ever. This time, it was clearly the fuel. I know the basics, keep fuel out of sunlight to protect nitro, keep moisture out of the fuel as alcohol absorbs moisture fast, and I keep the fuel sealed well. It wasn't that old, due to weather, it sat 2 months almost, and I used 1/2 gallon without issues. Today I went out to fly, and the engine ran horribly, acted like a bad glow plug, when I removed the starter it would die. The engine was running hot too. I tried another plane and exactly the same symptoms. I tried other glow plugs, looked the engine over very well inside and out, nothing disturbing. So I tried a buddies fuel out, and bingo, both engines ran as usual, perfectly. So how did my fuel go bad? I don't flush fuel back in the tank, I don't add oils or use it as a recycler for cleaning. I have experience, and never before saw fresh fuel go bad in 2 months. It was Mach7 fuel. I have two gallons of Cool Power that sat in the garage much longer that I used today and no problems, so what does someone think I'm missing here? This is a good climate here in FL, not too hot, not too cold, the fuel should have been good.