View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 AM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: flying behind the flightline

ORIGINAL: XpastywhiteboyX

Hello all,

Im the VP of my club and recently we had a blowout in my club. I am hoping to save someone out there some greif. Untill now we had a curved flightline. What i mean by this is runway in front and off to the north side (behind the runway) we alowed parkflyers and foamys to fly. To the south side helicopters. We asked the AMA if this was legal or if we needed to change it well oviously it clearly states NO FLYING BEHIND THE FLIGHT LINE. We were frusterated because no one wants foamys out over the runway wile your landing your 40% carden. We found this to be obserd but had to enforce it. One of us decided to fight it. We found out that you cant fly behind the flightline but nothing says you cant have more than one flightline. So to make a long story short we now have 3 flightlines. I hope someone can learn from this.
I am a little confused about the initial problem. If you had a curved flight line then no one was flying behind it right? We have had some issues similar to that in our club. It is something the AMA needs to address better. The needs for the club and flight areas in this respect are different then they used to be. The aircraft and their flight envelopes are so much different.