RCU Forums - View Single Post - ganged servos and 14 mz
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 07:09 PM
martin18152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ganged servos and 14 mz

I like the 14 mz, and have one on order; however, I find the servo ganging function tedious for giant scale airplanes, for example: my plane has 3 servos per aileron, total 6 servos to plug in. Using a match box, I only need to plug in two connectors to extensions on receiver; one is tagged so the order is maintained. It seems that if I used the radio as intended for multiple ganged servos, I would have to plug in 6 separate servo lines each time I put the aircraft together, each one would have to have a matching number, and a left or right designation. It seems a smart guy (maybe Futaba) might market a servo ganging plug, where you have multiple pigtail connectors that go into the radio and merges into a single multiple conductor plug, which then mated to another plug that you could connect your multiple servos into. Simple one plug connect/disconnect for ganged servos. You might say, just another failure point, maybe so, but what are the chances that you get the order of servo wires out of wack? Maybe this item is out there.