RCU Forums - View Single Post - ganged servos and 14 mz
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
martin18152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ganged servos and 14 mz

Tekati, you have a point about 3 into one with the match box, but I haven’t had any perceivable problems. The fact that I use 18 gauge wire may help. I think the match box allows you to use a separate power source. On the matter of having multiple servos on one line, unless you have an extra battery plugged into an extra channel in the 14mz, all the current is going from the battery through one line to the transmitter. I’m a little weak in my electrical engineering, so I’m not sure what the total current is in flight, on a 10+ servo, 40 % plane. My plane has 14 JR 8611 servos, so multiple batteries or a power management system is a good choice, having only 3 servos on a single 18 gauge wire is probably not an issue. You could probably start a new thread call "How do you have your 40+% plane set up on the 14 mz?"

Another question I have rolling around in my head is, dose the 14mz have better resolution in the servo matching function, than a match box? I know when using the G3 receiver you get better control resolution on the servos. When trying to minimize current draw with a four bank of high torque servos, this could be a great selling point.

I put too much time in this hobby, so says the wife, so I’m always looking for buy versus make, but I may look into making my own harness, some of the automobile locking harnesses show promise, the only thing that is a worry is corrosion, most auto connectors are not gold plated like the RC connectors.

Thanks, I appreciate the input on this thread