RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video
Old 04-14-2005, 12:42 AM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, Conversions..etc...

well island, 2 is always better than one to me, so i say the picco and mach would be a good choice. The picco is more of a low end grunt/ scraming top end in the LSRR with the stock CB and gearing. I can run it all day under 260 leaned out and running perfect here @ a little above sea level with a #8 plug. They dont give you a sheel or anything telling you how to break it in or anything so i did it like all my others... static no load (on a brick reving it a little, never over 1/4) to 200 deg 4 times. When it gets to 200, shut it down, roll the flywheel to the bottom and let it cool to ambient temp and then crank her up again and do it all over... i do this 4 times, then se t it on the ground and do figure 8s, ovals, stopping every time around and letting it idle for 10 sec then slowly bringing it back up to 1/4 till 200... then roll the flywheel, let it cool down then crank it up and do it again this time to 1/2 throttle, then 3/4... after that, tune it (my picco barely needed anything to run good... 3 hrs top, 2 bottom to my current race tune. I know, some may say this isnt the right way, but Ive done this to all my motors and have never had any probs... crap, i have a P5 with over 8 gals thru it and runs as good as new!

Chris