RCU Forums - View Single Post - dear sig mfg
Thread: dear sig mfg
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: dear sig mfg

When I think about building, the fond memories always seem to include one or two of my closest buddies and I messing about in our "building shed", burning our eyes and coughing from overdoses of CA glues and kicker, or further back from too much Ambroid stink. When I build these days, none of these buddies are around, they've all long since moved on in life, away from here and/or away from the hobby. It's not the same, so building versus ARFs is a no-brainer for me now, even when I don't take my time constraints into consideration. Yet flying alone at the field, that's still just fine with me. Safety issues aside, I can enjoy a quiet morning or evening at the field flying a plane or two all alone. But usually there are enough friends dropping by the field to keep me from getting lonely. I have to agree with the "plug N'Play" assessment made here by Steve, I think the masses are a little like water and electricity, we just kind of follow the path of least resistance. Let's face it, a well-built kit for a great price means flying at the field almost right away, that's a hard thing for an avid flyer to say no to. A really gorgeous Bipe like this, I'm just weak, WEAK, WEEAK! I had to have it. I'm really looking forward to taking some quality time and setting it up nicely, and I have to say that NOT having to duck fumes from adhesives is a real plus for me and actually adds to the value, making it an even better deal to me. And of course, it's a SIG plane!!!

Jim Surra