View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 07:52 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dear sig mfg

<<...quality time...>>

There it is.

I enjoy building for two main reasons; its something I did, from a box of wood; and its something nobody else has one like.

That said, I also enjoy doing a careful job on an ARF; just like I enjoy assembling and setting up a helicopter, or building a truck/buggy kit- although you can now count those (full truck/buggy kits) on the fingers of your hands. RTR (Ready To Run) completely dominates the car/truck side of the hobby now. Personally, I think TV and computer games are causing our young to have very short attention spans. I know my two grandsons fit that description, as do all of their friends that I have met. Hence all the plug'n'play stuff from the vendors; they know where their bread is buttered....[&o]

Anyway, now that the Kougar is basically done, I've got my choice of two ARFs or three kits, all stacked in the corner, for what to do next. The Goldberg Sukhoi ARF, I think, will get the nod; but no doubt I'll begin preliminary stuff on the Super AeroMaster kit too. That old-style NIB 91 Surpass I was lucky to find at Toledo is crying for a home...