RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Great Planes Super Stearman 1.20 ARF
Old 04-18-2005, 02:27 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Super Stearman 1.20 ARF

Maiden my Sterman yesterday and running a OS 160 twin flat 4 stroke. All i can say is this plane is awesome. Had a good cross wind to contend with and it doesnt like the cross wind condition. The wind did straigten out to straight South at 5 mph and what a difference The 160 twin is not over power but i am running a 16/6 Master airscrew prop and probally could get better vertical out of a more efficient prop like a APC 16/8 . The plane required some right rudder imput on take off and flys very scale at 1/2 throttle. Put about 12 flights on it and one gallon fuel thru it. Motor is new. Using Wildcat sport prem fuel at 15 %nitro. Never had readust the needles out of the box. Landings are faily easy but i found with a stiff straight on breeze it required a bout 1/8 throttle then right before touchdown i let off throttle and it settled right in I am using the dubro inflatible tires with no air in them. Otherwise it will bounch a bunch. All and al i am a very pleased . I looks very good in the air. and the twin sounds awesome .