RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Model Edge 540 Giant Profile
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2002, 09:52 AM
jpmorgan
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Saito 180?

Originally posted by jsonin
Would the Saito 180 be a decent match? I've got a handful of hitec 605s and a 645MG (probably for rudder) in need of use...

This ok?

Also... if you can even guestimate.. how many hours did it take to build? 100? 70? Less?

-Juhan
Several people here that have seen mine fly say that a Saito 180 will fly it. I can't say for sure because I've never owned a Saito 180. Surley if an OS 160 will fly one a 180 4 stroke will as well.
It would be a guess on the hours that it took to complete the Giant Edge 540 so my guess is around 80 hours. I would have to say that the wing halves took less time than the fuse, but now that I've built one I could stick up the fuse even quicker.
After completing one wing half the second half almost went twice as fast.
I still haven't weighed mine............ my guess is 12 pounds. I have a 4" Aluminum spinner along with the heavy prop bolt it takes to mount one to the Moki. I used a BCM (Muffler) so that added a little to the nose as well. The tail servos are all high tourque and a little on the heavy side. I didn't have much of a choice on the servos but I'll tell you that the rudder has 200 ounce inches of pull using 2 Futaba 9303's and the elevators have 100 ounce inches each half using a pair of JR 4131's.
The CG is almost dead on to the plans. Maybe just a touch aft.
Perry