RCU Forums - View Single Post - tower 46 troubles
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Craig F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tower 46 troubles

Well thank you all for your input regarding this "Brain Teaser!" and W8ye for the interesting reading. Witch
got me thinking..in my case anyway I know it's the carb because I tried another and the motor screams, that rules out the needle,
tank , plug and everything. The problem is fuel delivery in the other post people were altering the muffler to increase
pressure to the tank thereby pushing the fuel into the carb with more force and the engine ran ok. But what causes this need for more
pressure in the fuel delivery................LINT!!! yes thats right...belly button lint! ....well thats what it looks like anyway.
I took the nipple off the carb and looked in there but didn't see anything but thought there has to be something restricting the
flow. So I looked around and found a used staple, bent a tiny little hook on it, shoved it down the hole on the carb where the inlet nipple was, poked around and came up with fuzz, link, s#$t, what ever you want to call it. That explains it. The fuel can get
through ok at low speed, full throttle it goes lean cause the fuel is restricted. In takeing the carb off and shooting carb cleaner through
it went through the "lint filter" ok but the oilbased fuel could'nt. so all you guys that altered your tuned mufflers to increase the fuel
pressure ( and lost about 800rpm) time to get the lint out!!! I feel better....time for a beer or six....Craig