RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A plans for a new flyer wanted!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 10:56 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1/2A plans for a new flyer wanted!

Ok, I can't (and don't want to) postpone it any longer. I have all the radio gear I need and all these Cox reedies lying around and summer almost here and I went to the local field this past Saturday and stood while others flew. I have an old .09 Enya engined trainer that needs the main wing built BUT I've decided to build a 1/2A plane because I love the small engines most of all.

Soooo, that being said I'm looking for some suggestions and plans for a nice first 1/2A trainer. Through much research and weighing of options I realize that I probably shouldn't build a war plane as my first plane nor should I detail it too much because I KNOW I WILL CRASH and probably frequently. So since this will be my first plane and my first time actually flying but since I like the look of scale models I'd like something with decent flight characteristics that will be able to fly in a relaxed manner (i.e. the slower the better) and look good doing it. I plan to power the plane with the venerable .049 reedy and will be using a single stick 2 channel Hitec radio (rudder and elevator).