RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A plans for a new flyer wanted!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 07:17 PM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A plans for a new flyer wanted!

What you will soon learn about airplanes, you shouldn't show up with only one! Nothing like a slightly botched hand launch to make your flying day only two seconds long.
So besides a proper wooden trainer like the LST or a texaco, which you can show up at a club with and not get ridiculed because those are both 'real' airplanes to most experienced rc guys (the LST is a little kadet, the texaco stuff iconic old timer), you may need a backup plane or two.

A plan b airplane I think would be sweet, if you don't mind just a teeny bit of 'ciphering, you can use some five min epoxy to put a firewall in a common gws pico cub-f (also available as 'slope glider' version sold without motor for [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHCJ7&P=7]extremely cheap[/link]) and away you go! Keep the five min epox and some tape in your pocket to re-assemble once you gather all the bits, then away you go again.. rinse and repeat. Sorry about the horrid grammer and sentence structure.. I got interruped a lot during this post