RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp p47 thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cmp p47 thunderbolt

I just thought I would give a follow up to my thread on the cmp p47. I have finally got everything trimmed, balanced, and set up. The plane is still a handful to fly, if you have too much throw in the elevator it becomes completely unstable and will not fly level. With everything set up properly correct throws and all the plane will fly perfectly straight with no corrections, but as soon as any maneuver is attempted the plane requires constant attention. Take offs and landing are fairly stable so long as approaches are long and well set up, dont want to try maneuvering to much on the way in. Any type of maneuver and this plane seems to want to fight back, even simple maneuvers like a high bank turn. I have been flying model airplanes for 15 years, minus 6 years somewhere in the middle, and believe I have good piloting skills and this thing is almost beyond my abilities. If I had to guess why the plane doesnt fly well I would say that it's to heavy for how much wing it has. I have heard people say that the larger cmp models fly well so I guess its just this particular size and design.