RCU Forums - View Single Post - Video: Edge 540 .46 3D vs Funtana .46 3D
Old 04-25-2005, 04:26 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Video: Edge 540 .46 3D vs Funtana .46 3D

It balances fine with the servos in the tail as long as the battery is all way in front. It was easier to just tie wrap the battery to the engine box with some foam under it. It balances perfectly. Can't wait to fly it. I have to get the rest of the radio gear in there. I mounted the tank on the cg so it should fly really nice. BTW, that tank they supplied leaks. I pressurized it and heard air leaking from the stopper supply line. I'm using my tank from my Funtana 40 since it held up very well and never leaked.

ORIGINAL: aerofundan

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

Anyone know why their engine mounting cross hairs are so high on the firewall? I could not even mount my engine that high. It's about 1/8th to 1/4 inch lower than they marked on the fire wall. Is there any down thrust on the firewall? I could not see any. Maybe they put the cross hairs high to create down thrust? Mine is almost done with a YS 63. I mounted my battery on the left side of the engine box, worked out great. It's a Vipor 1100 mah NiMh pack with shorter cells. Fits perfect along the side of the box.
Yeah we noticed that also, just mount it as high as possible and it'll work fine. How did it balance with the YS?