RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Falcon III convert to taildragger?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Falcon III convert to taildragger?

The kit I have is laser cut kit that has router cut fuselage sides...no diecutting though. I think that the goldberg sukhoi I built last year also had router cut fuselage sides with laser cut formers and ribs. The sheeting is always a little hard so I like to replace it with better stuff, but I didnt care to with this plane.

I have two hangups with the kit thus far: the rudder and vertical stab balsa is HARD, so I will be replacing it with softer stock so I dont cut my fingers off when slotting hinges. Also, the firewall is not big enough to accomodate a rotated engine mount...I wanted to rotate it so that the muffler hung below the fuselage, but I couldnt get the mount on there and couldnt find an appropriate mount anywhere else, oh well.

As for dual aileron servos...the dual servo setups seem more popular these days with the advent of large scale aerobatic aircraft and with the introduction of a larger selection of more expensive servos that people seem to think make flying better. On the Falcon, I will only have one servo in the wing center. I will use JR 531 premiums throughout, they have 50 in/oz or more so I should be fine. You could use a single aileron servo in any 40 sized monoplane, when around a 60+ size airplane I would start considering the dual ailerons. Flaps might be neet to mess around with though they would make dual aileron servos necessary. anywho, enough rambling, have a good one.

Chris