RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fidgit contest plane pics
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 PM
flying poodle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fidgit contest plane pics

OK. The completed aircraft weighed 18.5oz. I set the C.G at about 13%. Test glides showed that the plane wanted to Immediately nose dive. This dive was unaffected by the application of Up or Down control input. I then (I'm not the sharpest burnt out light bulb) tried a power on hand launch, which ended in a power-on nose dive into the ground. Fast forward to round two.

My new battery arrives and the weight of the aircraft is now 17.5oz. Further test glides with increased control through indicate more of the same, Nose dive into the ground. I then shift the C.G Back to around 25%. Test glides now do not nose dive. Now for the power on test (still not the smartest tool in the bowling ally). The norvel is screaming and a light toss turns into about a 45 degree climb out with a slight roll to the right. Left aileron is added as well as a little down, more left aileron is added with full down, now I am rolling into a dive and have no control. Reduce throttle and it smacks the ground. The wing mounting block is broken and the rudder servo is now loose. Tough little bird.

Any idea why I have NO control. I expected it to be very sensitive since I am moving an entire wing, but it does not seem to have any effect. The top wing which moves has a cord of about 4!QUOT! and is full span. The pivot is at the spar around 25% MAC. The control movement is about 1!QUOT! each way at the trailing edge.

I think I may just put a horizontal stab on and call it a day. Any suggestions?