RCU Forums - View Single Post - BLT vs. SLOW STICK
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 05:25 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BLT vs. FUNDANGO

I have flown my BLT for over a year now. I have over 30 hours on it in.

I don't know how crash worthy the Fundango is, but the BLT does not fair well in a crash. The nose or the wing pylon will likely break. If you do some mods to these areas, you'll fair much better. Still, I don't see it as a great, Learn on your own, first time flyer, even if you have sim time.

I put quite a bit of time on a sim during winter and started flying the Slow Stick (needs very calm wind conditions). After I had flown that for a while, I took the BLT out. I am quite positive I would have crashed that plane many times and likely given up because of the time it takes me to rebuild. It is fairly fast and quite responsive on elevator. I don't know if others have this characteristic with their BLTs, but in a very tight turn with the wings steeply banked, the BLT does not always want to easily unbank itself. Not an issue if you're up high, but a bit hair raising if you're down low.

Other than that, for what it is, I quite like the way it flys. I get just under 15 minutes of flying from a 7C 650mah nimh pack and a 300 GWS motor with 5.3:1 gearing and a 9x7 prop.

Sorry, can't comment on the Fundango.