RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR9303 & Buddy Box
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:47 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR9303 & Buddy Box

Even though this is an old thread, I am responding because a friend and I discovered some things with the 9303 as a master using a 10x as a buddy box. The manual is very skimpy in this area for the 9303, and leads you down the wrong path. We found a way to set up the 9303 and 10x so that all mixes and trims are controlled by the 9303 as the master, and the 10x as slave only controls the 4 primary flight controls. To set it up here is what you do:

1. On the 9303, go to the Trainer menu, make sure it is set as Master, and change the four Slave/Master switch settings to SLAVE. This is VERY important, and is not what the manual leads you to believe will work. This transfers the 4 primary plight controls to the Slave transmitter.
2. On the 10x, select a blank model memory in Code 84. I'd also recommend naming it as "Trainer" in Code 81. Go to Code 85 and select PPM for modulation. Then go to Code 78, Pilot Link, and set the 10x up as a SLAVE. Turn off the 10x. If you have any questions on setting up the codes as described, see the 10x manual.
3. Turn on the 9303, and plug the buddy cord into the DSC jack. Plug the other end into the 10x DSC jack, leaving the switch OFF on the 10x. Make sure the 9303 controls all of the flight functions on your airplane normally. Press the Snap Roll button on the 9303, and the 10x should now control the 4 primary flight controls (aileron, elevator, rudder, throttle). Any mixes such as two aileron servos, two elevator servos, expos, throws, rates, etc should transfer through. The trims on the 10x will have no effect, nor will any of the other buttons or switches on the 10x. All of the trims and switchable mixes, dual rates, etc, will continue to be controlled by the 9303, button pressed or not. On our systems, the trims transfer absolutely perfectly.

This was a great find for us, because you don't have to set up the slave transmitter mixes, trims, etc; you can use a plain vanilla setup. I don't know if other JR transmitters will work the same way as a slave, but it is worth a try.

Jon Lowe