RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Ok, you guys seem quite idle. Here is a challange for you.

First let me say that I spoke with Chris today. He said that the next shipment is to be due early June. In the same breath I got, don't count on it, a standard disclaimer. So I ordered one for me and one for my brother. I showed him lat weekend the video of the electric version and he could not believe it. Said it flew like a kite. He has a FPE 3.2 to use and I have the Dreaded Moki 2.1

Yes I know that the Moki will only turn a 20X6 at 8000 rpm or a 20X10 at 7000 rpm. I will not be pulling out of hovers at half throttle either. I do think that I will come in at 14.5 to 15 lbs weight and that the plane will most likely fly some form of IMAC on this engine. After some time, when I can afford it I will go to a 50cc gas engine. (after I have learned some IMAC too!

So here is my question. What is the distance from the firewall to the front of the cowl (when installed)? I will have a balance challenge and look forward to getting as much weight out front as possible. If I got the prop out say 1/2 to 1 inch forward of the cowl my w&b might be managable. This engine with radial mount and Bisson pitts muffler weighs in at 3 lb 10 oz and can do a 4 inch True Turn spinner for added weight out front. I am looking to bring the weight out as far forward as I can and will try to build out the firewall.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome. Wayne?

Richard I aint got enough money for a trailer and engine Bahmann