RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many park flyers have YOU seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How many park flyers have YOU seen?

Hey Abel...I went flying off Lake Delta last year! Small world...
We used to fly at Griffiss, but that's another story[:@][:'(] (politics, need I say more?! )

Anyway...I'm the club's "electric guy" (sounds like a comic book character ) and fly my Tribute in St. John's parking lot, usually at night. Also have a Mini Funtana, GWS Zero, Slow Stick, etc. etc.
I have never seen anyone except a few fellow club members actually flying another "park Flyer" and that's always at our field (now in Westmoreland )

I hear stories at the LHS of young guys (who usually drive r/c monster trucks ) saying they've tried flying something like a Firebird, or one of those other cheap little things and it usually ends up in pieces, or stuck in a tree, etc.

Personally, I think (big sign that says "opinion" here ) that there are a lot of guys that are exaggerating the "threat" (?) of so called "park flyers" and don't like change, or the whole idea of electric power in the first place.
There are a few old die hards in our clubs that think elec. powered airplanes are effeminate or "not real airplanes" (whatever that means ) but they're entitled to their opinions too, aye?!