RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building second DD w/ FAI GRRT
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 03:09 AM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building second DD w/ FAI GRRT

Well I finally got my DD in the mail along with my carb for my engine. Finally!!. The excitement of seeing a package after a long day at work on your doorstep is priceless!.

Last Time I flew my other DD i was running a OS .46 FX with a 9x7 pylon prop, stock muffler. It flew great but I really wanted to put on the GRRT but couldn't due to I didn't have a carb for my engine. I didn't want to use the WOT venturi it came with.

So anyways I'm really excited about getting my DD finished. I am going to do a few things different on this one. Mostly trying to get the fuel tanks as low as possible for less drag. I am going to try to run them in series. Seen a few folks do it that way and seems like a good ides to keep obstructions low and away from wind resistance.

I do have a question though. I see so may different suggestions for different prop combos for speed. I am kind of confused with everyone talking about rpms on ground and like using 7" props and all. It seems a 7" prop would be way to small to move the plane around even with alot of pitch. Does the pitch make up that much of a difference when going down in diameter?