RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building second DD w/ FAI GRRT
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 10:21 PM
AndySteere
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building second DD w/ FAI GRRT

Dave, my DD isn't flyable at the moment... needs to have the bottom recovered. I had designed a wheeled-cart for takeoff that didn't work out too well. Carl might have his ready... we'll see. We are planning on coming down though... unless those "who must be obeyed" say otherwise. The Jett50 is a great engine, a bit faster than the GRRT, easier to setup and run, but more expensive (I only paid $75 for my engine, NIB).

Hammbone2, while I agree with you completely about not over-propping this engine... if that stuff Morris told you were true, the GRRT would be blowing away the Nelson and Jett racing engines in the pylon world. (They are not.) According to ThrustHP, it takes almost NINE horsepower to turn an 8x6 at 37,000rpm. Subtract 10,000 RPM from your numbers... and the GRRT might do that. Wouldn't be as fast as an 7.2x8.6... but hey, that may not be important to everybody. One thing for sure... and 8x6 would take off like a rocket... where the 7.2x8.6 takes a few seconds to get up to speed.