RCU Forums - View Single Post - dual rate offset?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 07:43 AM
captainpitts-RCU
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual rate offset?

Here's my problem. I am setting up a plane with dual elevator servos and I get my high rate throws where I want them then I set the low rate. Well it seems some how when I switch from low to high my elevators offset maybe 3 deg. to the down position. It's like there is a different center point at low and high rates. I am using a Futaba 8uafs and hitec 5625's into a y harness. My subtrim is at -7 but even when I set it to zero it still does it. The only way I can stop the offset that I have found is to decrease the throw in the down position but this really limits my throw to like only 10 deg. I messed with this for about 2 hours last night and I was about to beat my head against the wall so any help would be greatly appriciated. I have set up many planes and this one really has me baffled.

thanks,
Steve

p.s. I also went in and mixed elevator to elevator in a p-mix and I was able to eliminate the offset but it either limited my throw in the down position or incresed my throw in the up position so much that it was like positive expo with full throw at half stick.